1.25.2009

twenty-nine.


It's naptime here in the Tucker house, so a blogging I will go.

This past week was my birthday. You'd think there wouldn't be too much exciting about turning 29. You get a lot of the expected "wow, you're almost old" but that's about it. I will say, before this birthday, my 21st was my favorite. My parents surprised me with a trip to NYC and I was on The Today Show on my actual birthday. Dream come true. It's actally the reason I moved back for a summer. I didn't get enough of the city in a 3 day weekend so I went back. (Summer wasn't long enough either. I so adore that city.) All that being said, good ol' 29 kicked 21's bottom. This is how it went:
  • Wake up with both my babies on top of me "happy birth day mommy" (birthday was 2 words for her, thus the reason they are seperated.)
  • Have a yummy breakeast made by Brodie & Madeline. Omlettes & Coffee. Yum.
  • Put on my new (almost) skinny girl pants and tank top. Yes, TANK TOP. In Janurary. 77 degrees. Freakin' Awesome! Naptime...
  • Meet Mom and Jason with my babies at, you guessed it, Cafe 501, for a tasty Cali Club (minus sprouts and mayo) and Spinach-Pear Salad birthday lunch. So tasty.
  • Left lunch and headed to dessert (of course!) There's a new little joint in town called Cuppies & Joe. I highly recommend it! Delicious cupcakes and awesome coffee. Mom's skinny hazelnut latte was so good - dare I say better than Starbucks??
  • Off to the park! We had to take advantage of the beautiful weather and get our swing and slide on. Madeline & Wyatt had a blast!
  • Back home to get ready for dinner and wait on Daddy to get home from work. Madeline took another nap! (2 naps in one day is a present all in itself...)
  • Dinner with Mom, Dad, Jason, Heather, Brodie, & the kids at Budda Tao for sushi. Madeline had to carry her card she got me in her purse with her to dinner. She wouldn't leave it at home. It was really cute.
  • Back home for cake, made by Madeline! I loved it!! She was sooo proud of it too! I got some good gifts (money, williams-sonoma goods, and a massage by Harold..ahhh yeah!) but more importantly, finished up a great day with my family, cake, and coffee. What could be better??!
Now that I typed it out, it sounds like we did nothing but eat! I just really enjoyed spending the day with my babies and family! I am so incredibly blessed!









No comments:

Post a Comment