2.05.2009

Nighty-Night


One of my favorite parts of the evening is bedtime. We have a nightly ritual in our house when it comes to going night-night. Around 8:00 Little Missy gives Daddy & Bubba night-night kisses and hugs. Then she and I head off to her room where she picks 3 books ("I'm A Big Sister", "Goodnight Moon", and "No Matter What" are the favorites right now) then she and I crawl in her bed (with the baby doll of choice) and read the above mentioned books. She loves being read to and usually offers sound effects to go along. (i.e. in the big sister book, there's a page with the Mommy taking the babies picture. As soon as we get to the page she starts saying "cheeesse" and making camera noises.) After we've read our books we sing 2 songs. The first one is ALWAYS "Blue". This is one we've made up about the colors blue and 'lell-o'. The second is either "Jeez" (Jesus Loves Me) or "Sun" (You Are My Sunshine). Finally, we say our prayers and then we cuddle until she goes to sleep. Once she's asleep, I kiss her sweet face then crawl ever-so-carefully out of her bed. (This is a bit difficult to do with rails up.)

While I'm laying there next to her I say my own prayers and praises. I am tempted to cry pretty much every night because while I lay there cuddled up next to my sweet little girl who is growing entirely TOO fast, I have to praise Jesus for allowing me to be the Mommy to these two amazing babies. They are the most amazing little people I've ever known.

I know most people think I'm crazy for laying in her bed with her until she goes to sleep, and that's okay. My thing is, before I know it, she won't even want me in her room, much less her bed! They are only little for so long and I want to savor every minute I can. That's also the reason Little Man is still in our bed. I love hearing & feeling his sweet little breaths on me. And the way he snuggles right up next to me. Priceless. I keep saying I'm going to put him in his bed at night, but I can't really lay in the baby bed with him so... :)

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post!! I feel the same way! I still carry Jax if he wants me too! I figure pretty soon he probably won't want to hug me in front of his friends!!! You are such a good mommy!!!

    ReplyDelete